CHECK INSURANCE COVERAGE
- Make plans to secure your property. Permanent storm shutters offer the best protection for windows. A second option is to board up windows with ” marine plywood—cut to fit and ready to install. Tape does not prevent windows from breaking.
- Install straps or additional clips to securely fasten your roof to the frame structure. This will reduce roof damage.
- Trim trees and shrubs around your home to minimize the risk of broken branches and debris.
- Clear loose and clogged rain gutters and downspouts to prevent misdirected flooding.
- Determine how and where to secure your boat.
- Fully fuel your vehicles.
BACK UP YOUR ELECTRONICS
Put together a disaster supply kit, including a flashlight, batteries, cash, first aid supplies, and copies of your critical information if you need to evacuate.
MAKE COPIES OF IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS