The Junior Compliance Officer is responsible for assisting the Compliance Department, ensuring that the company is conducting its business in full compliance with the rules and regulations of all regulatory agencies as well as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist in developing and maintaining an effective compliance program designed to establish compliance standards and to monitor, detect and prevent compliance deficiencies.
- Assist in developing and implementing an effective compliance program;
- Assist in creating sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them;
- Collaborate with other departments for compliance-related matters, including workflows, policies and procedures, quality review and action plans.
- Participate and support the compliance risk assessment, to identify and manage, compliance risks.
- Identify, manage and communicate regularly with the CCO on compliance issues;
- Assist in preparing reports;
- Perform administrative tasks;
- Address employee concerns or questions relating to compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
This post requires an individual who hold himself/herself to the highest standards and have a strong desire for personal growth and professional success. The individual should display initiative, diligence, self-confidence, and outgoing personalities.
- Minimum - Associate Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail, Strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor both on the phone and in person
- Proficiency is required in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to drive oneself
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 27th December 2019
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
TWO RECENT LETTERS OF REFERENCE ONE FROM PAST EMPLOYER AND A VALID POLICE RECORD AND PASSPORT SIZE PICTURE
SEND APPLICATIONS AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO:
Human Resources & Administrative Manager
P.O Box 1447
Belize City, Belize
Or click the button below to complete the online application form.