The Compliance Officer is responsible for assisting the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO), ensuring that the company is conducting its business in full compliance with the rules and regulations of all regulatory agencies, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist in developing and maintaining an effective compliance program designed to establish compliance standards and to monitor, detect and prevent compliance deficiencies.
- Assist in setting and establishing the strategic vision for compliance to ensure products, systems, processes and procedures are in compliance with statutory/regulatory requirements.
- Assist in overseeing governance of the compliance analytical functions.
- Support the CCO in the resolution of all regulatory issues arising out of examinations, audits, and inquiries.
- Collaborate with other departments for compliance-related matters, including workflows, policies and procedures, quality review and action plans.
- Participate and support the compliance risk assessment, to identify and manage compliance risks.
- Identify, manage, and communicate regularly with the CCO on compliance issues.
- Respond to statutory and regulatory claims issues in coordination with the CCO.
- Assist the CCO in preparing reports to the regulatory agencies, General Manager and Board.
- Assist in training employees on regulatory changes and updates.
- Serve as the regulatory main point of contact in the absence of the CCO.
- Assist in supervising regulatory audits, inquiries and related remediation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
This post requires an individual who holds himself/herself to the highest standards and has a strong desire for personal growth and professional success. The individual should display initiative, diligence, self-confidence, and an outgoing personality.
- Minimum - Associate's Degree in Business Administration or a related field with a minimum of two years proven working experience in a compliance officer role
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques, legal requirements and procedures
- Experience in providing customer service and support
- Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail, Strong work ethic
- Can demonstrate familiarity with principles in the area of Sales, customer service software, databases and tools, trends and technology.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor both on the phone and in person
- Proficiency is required in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Valid driver’s license and willingness to drive oneself
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 21st June, 2019
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE: TWO RECENT LETTERS OF REFERENCE FROM PAST EMPLOYERS AND A VALID POLICE RECORD AND PASSPORT SIZE PICTURE
SEND APPLICATIONS AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO: Human Resources & Administrative Manager P.O Box 1447 Belize City, Belize