This policy applies to your use of the Atlantic Insurance Company Limited (AIC) mobile application (App) and specifically governs data collection and usage.
Data being collected
AIC collects information that you provide as well as automatically collected information including:
- Your name;
- email address;
- home or work address;
- telephone number;
- user name;
- password and other registration information;
- transaction-related information associated with purchases and policies;
- credit card information for the purchase of products;
- your responses to offers made from time to time;
- the type of mobile device you use;
- your mobile device’s unique device ID;
- the IP address of your mobile device;
- your mobile operating system;
- the type of mobile Internet browsers you use;
- access times;
- information about the way you use the App such as your location (determined through GPS technology or similar technology) when uploading pictures to the Application. If you do not wish for this information to be collected you may turn off your devices location settings.;
- AIC also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your preferences, interests and favorites.
Use of your Personal Information
This information is being collected by AIC for the operation of the service and to maintain quality. Additionally, the information is used generally for analytics to be utilized in marketing, product development, product adaptation and for inclusion in AIC’s customer database for delivery of personalized services. AIC uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other available products or services available and its affiliates.
No third-party access
AIC will not disclose your personal or private information to third parties except with your explicit consent. AIC may share general data with trusted partners to help perform analytics and to provide customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using the data except to provide these services to AIC and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information that they receive. The foregoing notwithstanding, AIC will disclose personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on AIC; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of AIC; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the App or the public.
Opt out rights of Users
You may prevent the collection of data at any time by uninstalling the App from your device.
Security of your Personal Information
AIC secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure by storing the same in servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. AIC ensures that there are physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the information collected and maintained. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. The foregoing notwithstanding, AIC acknowledges that no system is risk free and beyond the reach of a security breach by nefarious actors.
Changes to this Policy
AIC will occasionally update this policy from time to time. You will be notified of any changes via the App. You are encouraged to periodically review this policy.
Your use of the App is evidence of your consent to the collection, processing and storage of your data.
Atlantic Insurance Company Limited welcomes your comments and questions regarding this Policy. If you believe that AIC has not adhered to this Policy, please contact AIC at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
This policy is effective from the 29th day of July, 2022